Pell Frischmann Appointed to Nexus Framework
Pell Frischmann is delighted to announce its appointment on the Nexus Framework. The programme will see us delivering Highways & Transport Engineering Consultancy services in the Tyne and Wear region over the next three years.
Nexus, an executive body of the Northeast Joint Transport Committee, is tasked with delivering and operating transport infrastructure across the region on behalf of the Combined Authority in Tyne and Wear. This ranges from maintaining the Tyne and Wear Metro and Shields Ferry to managing bus stations across the region.
Following the previous Asset Renewal Programme (ARP), the Nexus Framework will look to continue the improvement of transport infrastructure in the Northwest of England. Over the coming years, the framework will aim to work on:
- Replacing the existing train fleet.
- Constructing a new depot to service new trains.
- Unifying the existing Metro and Network Rail infrastructure.
- Delivering additional capacity to produce more frequent transport services.
- A programme that aims to renew Metro infrastructure such as track, signalling equipment, stations, bridges and more.
Stuart Cox, Pell Frischmann’s Highways & Transport Business Unit Director said:
We are thrilled to be supporting Nexus to inspect, manage, refurbish and deliver transport infrastructure across the region, working alongside relevant stakeholders such as Network Rail and DfT.
Pell Frischmann looks forward to working with Nexus and partners to support the continued development of the Northeast.