Main Purpose of the Job
Responsible for the design and delivery of several key utility and private infrastructure projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding the procurement of new and diversion of existing utility infrastructure;
- Liaison with Statutory service providers;
- Able to calculate load requirements for new developments to allow for costing exercise;
- Preparing services assessment for new and existing development demands including preparing service reports and strategy documents;
- Management and coordination of overall infrastructure provision for projects;
- Infrastructure Masterplan and Strategy development for sites;
- Obtaining Buried Services/Statutory Service Providers Records for sites;
- Analysis of Records and Reporting on availability and constraints;
- Assisting with the preparation of constraints drawings;
- Producing details of below ground utilities – NJUG and Local/Client standards;
- Understanding and coordination of Design/Installation drawings;
- Coordination with Structural, Architectural and Landscape design;
- Applications to Statutory service providers for service connections – Water, Gas, Power, FW & SW Drainage, telecoms;
- Documentation and drawing reviews;
- Attendance at Client and Design meetings;
- Liaison with Clients, design teams and Contractors;
- Site support, inspection.
What’s in it for you?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We have a great team focus working collaboratively to innovate on projects. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed into an area but encouraged to thrive and develop through involvement in our dynamic, multidiscipline projects. If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits a small portion of which are listed below!
- 25 days Annual Leave + buy, sell and carry over;
- Life Assurance at 4x base salary;
- Season Ticket loans;
- Salary sacrifice benefits.
|Qualification||Degree in a Engineering or relevant discipline|
Outline design of water distribution;
Outline design of gas distribution;
Outline design of HV and LV distribution and substations;
Outline design of drainage (FW & SW);
Outline design of Telecoms/Data distribution;
Design of roads general principals.
Experience in both small and large-scaled scheme design and lead engineer experience for masterplan schemes;
Experience in preparing fee proposals for infrastructure work.