About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Civil Structures, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
Responsible for the design and delivery of several key utility and private infrastructure projects. You will be liaising with asset owners and our clients with regard to utilities supply to the developments. This would mainly focus on capacities of power to the developments and you would need a key theoretical knowledge to be able to calculate what would be required. In addition, knowledge of required cable size, substation diversion and liaison with Asset owners will be part of the role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding the procurement of new and diversion of existing utility infrastructure;
- Liaison with Statutory service providers;
- Able to calculate load requirements for new developments to allow for costing exercise;
- Preparing services assessment for new and existing development demands including preparing service reports and strategy documents;
- Management and coordination of overall infrastructure provision for projects;
- Infrastructure Masterplan and Strategy development for sites;
- Obtaining Buried Services/Statutory Service Providers Records for sites;
- Analysis of Records and Reporting on availability and constraints;
- Assisting with the preparation of constraints drawings;
- Producing details of below ground utilities – NJUG and Local/Client standards;
- Understanding and coordination of Design/Installation drawings;
- Coordination with Structural, Architectural and Landscape design;
- Applications to Statutory service providers for service connections – Water, Gas, Power, FW & SW Drainage, telecoms;
- Documentation and drawing reviews;
- Attendance at Client and Design meetings;
- Liaison with Clients, design teams and Contractors;
- Site support, inspection.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop through our learning and development programme.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
|Qualification||Degree in a Engineering or relevant discipline|
Outline design of water distribution;
Outline design of gas distribution;
Outline design of HV and LV distribution and substations;
Outline design of drainage (FW & SW);
Outline design of Telecoms/Data distribution;
Design of roads general principals.
Experience in both small and large-scaled scheme design and lead engineer experience for masterplan schemes;
Experience in preparing fee proposals for infrastructure work.