Transport Planner – Edinburgh
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Roads & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, Civil Structures and Water & Wastewater.
We firmly believe in equal opportunities for all and strive to create an engaging environment, that allows for all employees to have a focused career path and guided progression.
Main Purpose of the Job
We are looking for a Transport Planner to join a growing division to help assist with the technical delivery of a variety of transport related projects. Projects you will be working on are will be varied and will include residential developments, commercial masterplanning and renewable energy market in the UK, Ireland and Northern Europe.
This role will be a 100% home working role. The team however do have regular face to face catch up meetings, so there will be some need to commute to Edinburgh at least once a month.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing swept path assessment drawings and attending site visits;
- Provide support on a range of transport planning projects, including the preparation of transport assessments and travel plans to support planning applications
- Undertaking traffic and junction modelling
- Undertaking site visits and surveys and managing sub-consultants as appropriate
- Prepare site access drawings and access feasibility studies
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We are part of the Disability confident scheme and ensure we are able to provide equal opportunities for all. You will not be Pigeon-holed with us and you will have a bespoke career path to achieve development through Chartership and beyond!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link below!
|Qualifications||Existing Engineering related qualification or apprenticeship|| • Degree in Transport, Mathematics, Geography, Civil Engineering, Planning or a related subject (essential).|
• MSc in Transport Planning/Engineering
|Experience|| • 2-4 years' transport planning experience|
• Good working knowledge of CAD and GIS
| • Arcady, Picady andLinSig, would be beneficial|
• Experience of working within a consultancy
• Experience in junction design at least at the concept design level
• Experience civil engineering detailing
Experience in 3D Civils design
|Skills|| • Excellent presentation & report writing skills|
• Efficient communication skills, excellent level of written and spoken English
• Full driving licence