Job Title: Technical Director
Reports to: Divisional Director
Direct Reports: Associate and Principal Engineers
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
To assist the Civil Structures Manager in the leadership of the Wakefield office Civil Structures team. This team has a compliment of 20 and is growing rapidly based on reputation and business development success. As a Technical Director you will provide support to the Divisional Director to deliver the business strategic objectives and lead the design teams. You will be an experienced engineer with demonstrable expertise in managerial, technical and commercial issues. Other responsibilities will include maintaining and developing client relationships and some business development activity.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Implement the business policies, objectives and strategy
- Team Leadership and development
- Lead project design teams to deliver success in terms of quality, programme and costs.
- Check and approve outputs for technical accuracy
- Keep all stakeholders fully informed of any technical issues and/or associated potential risks to the schemes as they arise
- Promote and lead ’Best Practice’
- Responsible for the training and development of your team to ensure continuous performance improvement
- Manage difficult and sensitive situations using sound, independent judgement within general policy and legal guidelines
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
The above an outline of the role and responsibilities required at present. This is not a comprehensive list and other tasks will be required as the role progresses.
|Qualifications|| • HNC or Degree in relevant Discipline|
• Incorporated Engineer
| • Chartered Engineer|
|Experience|| • Min 10 years technical and commercial|
• Min 5 years leadership
|Skills|| • Leadership|
• Business Development
• Commercial Awareness
• Project Management
• Communication; Verbal & Written