About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Civil Structures, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
An experienced Technical Director and integral member of the highways team working on all types of highways schemes from feasibility through to implementation. A key focus will be the development, leadership and delivery of the sector business plan for the region including management of existing client base both current and future. Reporting to the Divisional Director of the sector, the role holder will be responsible for working for this area of the business as well as reviewing projects with a national remit.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Provide technical input into major / minor highway and infrastructure schemes.
- Management responsibility for Highways and Infrastructure projects.
- Able to evaluate, write tenders/project scopes including financial aspects.
- Manage project finances, project scope and delivery expectations
- Attend Client and client team meetings as required
- Able to prepare technical reports and detailed exercises to support developments from initial site appraisal to detailed planning applications/technical approvals
- Provide support and guidance to the team and provide support to the planning team
- Supervise site based projects as required.
- Supervise and delegate to subordinates and others as required.
- Coordinate and liaise input from other PF offices
- Maintain a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design methods.
- Comply with all Company Procedures and Work Instructions
- Check/approve work, able to confidently discuss schemes in detail.
- Supervise technical work of other staff as required.
- Assist in monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of team members.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop through our learning and development programme.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
|Qualifications|| • Degree in a relevant Engineer discipline |
• HNC as a minimum
|Experience|| • 10-15 years Highways Engineering experience|
• Experience of running teams including coordinating with multi dis teams
• Understanding of health and safety issues in relation to the design and construction of civil engineering works
• Full understanding of current design standards and typical construction principals
• Experience in resolving design issues including resolving comments from the Local Authority
• Understanding of project finances including utilization, costing and forward planning
• Able to write fee proposals and Tenders
• Confident to express ideas/results in meetings.
|Experience with Highways England projects|
|Skills|| • Communication skills; Verbal & Written|
• Report Writing
• Able to evaluate costs, value against budgets
• Fully conversant with Microsoft Project/ programme software, able to interrogate and establish key milestones/works processes.