About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Reporting directly to the office Principal Surveyor, the role will involve undertaking surveys in a wide variety of environments across the UK and overseas including aviation, rail, highways, land development, buildings and water. Whilst you will be based in Manchester, you will have the IT resources available to allow for home working when required. You must be self-motivated to deliver projects on programme and budget, with minimal supervision. Flexibility will be required to work at locations away from home across the UK with the possibility of occasional overseas projects. Requirement to work occasional night and weekend shifts. Must have a full UK driving licence and be willing to take and able to pass regular drugs and alcohol screening. CSCS accreditation is required. Network Rail PTS accreditation desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will either have a minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience or a minimum of 5 years land survey experience and be proficient in the use of:
- Leica Total Stations, digital levels, GNSS receivers and HD laser scanners
- LSS, SCC, Cyclone, StarNET, AutoCAD and MS Office365 software
- Experience in using Amberg track measuring devices is desirable but not essential as full training would be given
- Experience in maintaining and operating automated monitoring systems is desirable but not essential as full training would be given
The key duties of the role will include:
- Supporting the principal surveyor in planning works
- Undertaking large and small scale topographic surveys
- Post processing surveys
- Carrying out appropriate quality control checks
- Effectively managing your site and office time to ensure projects meet budget expectations
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.