Senior Transport Planner
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
Our London office is looking for a Senior Transport Planner /Engineer to join our growing team engaged in all aspects of transport planning, including Transport Assessments for new developments, masterplanning and urban regeneration projects and Travel Plans. We are looking for keen, outgoing and versatile individuals with a genuine interest in the Transport Planning profession.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of Transport Assessments, Transport Feasibility Studies and Travel Plans.
- Prepare Autocad plans for indicative works;
- Ability to use GIS software would be a benefit;
- Support and work with junior members of staff on the preparation of figures for reports, swept path assessment, analysis of data, and drawings of transport improvements including junction designs.
- Expected to work with and prepare spreadsheets and write reports.
- An interest in developing client contacts and learning business development skills.
- Will have the opportunity to become involved in a wide variety of exciting development projects and will be a critical part of a very busy commercially-focused team with an expanding workload.
- Required to liaise with other professionals including architects and town planners as well as client and local authorities, and hence must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to adopt a flexible approach to their role to provide support to colleagues as workload dictates, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure work is delivered correctly and accurately and on time which, on occasion, includes working outside of normal office hours.
- Will benefit from one-to-one training on a wide range of tasks that encompass transport planning.
- Assist in mentoring and supporting junior staff.
- Assist the senior staff and take on technical responsibility of transport project delivery, including trip generation and highway capacity modelling, travel planning and transport strategies
- Resolve problems or issues to support the delivery of projects or design objectives.
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation in working practices.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme
|Qualification|| • Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Transport Planning, Engineering, Town Planning, Geography and/or other numerate degrees.|
| • MSc in Transport Planning/Engineering |
• Chartered or working towards membership
|Experience||• A minimum of 5 years of Transport Planning experience (the level of experience will determine what level you come in as).|
|Skills|| • Experience in completing Transport Assessments, Transport Statements and Travel Plans for developments|
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and clients, both written and spoken.
• Good written English for reports.
• Strong numeracy, analytical and report writing skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to work to deadlines both within teams and autonomously.
• Familiarity with the Planning Regulatory Framework.
• Knowledge of planning and transport planning policy and relevant design standards and guidance.
| • Experience in at least some of the following: Junctions, LinSig, TranSyt, TRICS, TRAVL, Tempro, AutoCAD, Autotrack|
• Experience in highway / junction design at feasibility/concept design level