About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Building Structures & Fire, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, Civil Infrastructure and Water & Environmental.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
Pell Frischmann’s Exeter office has an immediate need for a Senior Revit Technician to join their busy CAD&BIM team in the Water & Environment sector, supporting the delivery of a range of projects to the required industry and Client requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
Reporting to the BIM Manager you would be expected to undertake the following roles
- Responsible for creating, editing and developing 3D native models using Revit;
- Development and support of delivering the Federated Model, both geometrically and non-geometrically;
- Extracting 2D, Bill of Quantities and Scheduling outputs;
- Provide CAD/BIM outputs aligning to the relevant specifications and industry standards such as BS1192 and ISO19650 [BIM Stage 2];
- Provide 3D geometrical data for appending into clash detection, model validation and stakeholder liaison workshops;
- Sharing of best practice to the wider Project team;
- Support the BIM Manager throughout the digital delivery cycle;
- Understanding of multiple BIM software formats (dwg, dgn, rvt, xml, ifc, nwf etc.) as well as the possibilities and limitations;
- Collaborating with other Disciplines to ensure objectives are realized;
- Saving, sharing and updating product data onto a Common Data Environment;
- Strong 3D Modelling, data analysis and manipulation skills;
- Understanding of 4D (time) and 5D (cost) workflows;
- Comply with Pell Frischmann’s IMS Procedures;
- Comply with Pell Frischmann’s BMS Procedures; and
- Other duties as required by the BIM Manager.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Learning and Development platform
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
|Qualifications||• HNC or higher in Civil Engineering/similar or relevant experience|| • HND|
• Member of a relevant professional institute
|Experience|| • 3 years+ experience in Revit design and drafting|
• Practical experience of adhering to BIM standardised working and best practice
• Previous experience working within an engineering and\or consultancy organisation
| • Demonstrable examples of how to resolve 3D design issues|
• Good knowledge in various software tools applicable to the Water & Environment Sector
|Skills|| • Advanced Revit Designer|
• Competent in the application of Common Data Environment’s such as Bentley ProjectWise, Autodesk BIM360 etc.
• Comfortable with cross discipline collaboration and integration
• Willingness to cooperate and share knowledge and experiences
• Communication skills; Good verbal & written skills
| • Experience in the creation of Revit parametric families|
• Experience in creation and management of Revit templates
• Experience using Navisworks for Federated Model analysis
• Experience using Dynamo with Revit for greater automation of tasks\functions
• Good knowledge in several other software modeling tools or similar:
o Civil 3D
• Competent knowledge of Visualisation software tools: