Senior / Principal Bridge Engineer
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Civil Structures, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
Based in our Exeter office you will manage and lead a design team in the delivery of projects associated with our civil structures and highways sector clients. This team has a compliment of 20 and is growing rapidly based on reputation and business development success. Current projects include bridge inspection, load assessments, feasibility reports and the design of highway and rail structures. As a Principal Engineer you will be responsible for the technical and commercial success of your projects and the performance of your team. The successful candidate will be supported by the company to progress their professional development and career.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Team leadership
- Team performance and professional development.
- Project Management
- Delivering projects on time, to cost and to quality
- Providing technical leadership
- Compliance with current standards, codes and legislation.
- Preliminary and detail design including contract preparation.
- Technical report writing
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop through our learning and development programme.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
• Relevant Bachelors or Masters degree (Civil /Structural Engineering)
• Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng or IEng)
• Chartered Engineer (CEng)
• CSCS Card
|Experience||• Minimum 7 years relevant experience post qualification.||
• Expertise with DMRB and Rail Industry Standards
• Expertise in Eurocodes
• Expertise in Specifications
• Expertise in Contracts
• Team Leadership
• Project Management
• Good understanding of bridge maintenance issues and solutions.
• Bridge analysis and design
• IT literate
• Communication skills; Verbal & Written English