Senior Engineer, Highways – Birmingham
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
About the Role
The successful candidate will support and drive the delivery of a wide range of multi-disciplinary highways projects for public and private sector clients across the UK. The work covers all aspects of design and management from inception to option appraisals through to detailed design and delivery support. Interaction with other Pell Frischmann offices and disciplines forms part of the role.
Typically, the role will involve:
- Manage the technical delivery of Highway projects
- Drive the production of high-quality project design
- Liaise with and advise Clients to ensure project design exceeds expectations
- Assess challenges, research options and take decisions
- Ensure designs are prepared in accordance with DMRB or local equivalent
- Ensure designs are technically accurate and meet Client requirements
- Ensure designs satisfy the requirements of CDM regs 2015
- Manage the production of drawings, specification appendices and reports
- Co-ordinate activities with other Pell Frischmann offices and specialist disciplines
- Mentor the design team in all aspects of design and documentation
- Guide the team in the interpretation of DMRB, MCHW and other documents
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We are part of the Disability confident scheme and ensure we are able to provide equal opportunities for all. We ensure you will not be Pidgeon-holed and that you have a bespoke to your individual development path, through Chartership and beyond!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link below!
|Qualification||- A degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent|| - Project Management accreditation.|
- Chartered/Incorporated status and corporate membership of ICE, IHT or aligned recognised body.
|Experience|| - 8 years’ experience in civil engineering design and delivery on a range of multi-disciplinary projects within highway and infrastructure environments for public and private sector clients.|
- Ability to work on own initiative
Ability to develop and agree scopes and manage the internal technical supply chain, including budgets, programme and quality of deliverables within set time frame.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior staff and develop their skills
| - Sound knowledge of DMRB and MCHW|
- Experience of supervising highways works contracts
- Experience of client engagement and business development
- Experience working with and using Civil 3D
|Skills|| - Ability to contribute to bids and tenders|
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
|- Hold a valid UK driving licence|