About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
The Surface Water Management team in our Wakefield office is currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer / Project Manager. The team works on diverse flood resilience, flood alleviation, drainage, infrastructure, and environmental projects for a range of private and public sector clients. As a result of current work and increased project wins, we are seeking an individual to work as part of the growing team delivering these projects providing effective project management and technical input.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Management of assigned projects as required with good commercial awareness and financial control
- Carry out technical and other work as required on assigned projects whilst ensuring high levels of safety, quality and environmental responsibility
- Technical quality of own and team’s work in accordance with good engineering practice, relevant standards, Codes of Practice, current design methods and Health & Safety legislation
- Prepare feasibility, designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
- Check work including third party design proposals as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
- Carry out other duties identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
- Supervise technical work of staff as required by the Department Manager
- Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to own discipline team members
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of standard specifications as required
- Engage in client and third party liaison successfully leading to enhanced reputation and repeat work
- Assist with the promotion of the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients
- Comply with internal management system procedures.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
|Qualifications|| • Civil Engineering degree or similar|
• Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (ICE or CIWEM)
|Experience|| • Minimum of 5 years’ experience of water based projects|
• Experience of surface water and drainage design and designing and implementing SuDS for new developments and as retrofit.
| • A solid understanding of engineering gained from working on both construction sites and design offices|
• Previous experience of delivering major civils projects
• Experience of modelling of surface water drainage and watercourses, preferably using Flood Modeller (ISIS), Infoworks ICM (Incl. 2D), TUFLOW (1D-ESTRY & 2D) or MicroDrainage.
• A good understanding of the responsibilities and collaborative funding mechanisms of water companies, lead local flood authorities and the Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage.
|Skills|| • Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills|
• Be able to work well in teams and provide effective direction to graduates and technicians
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to represent PF at client and stakeholder meetings.
| • A good understanding of the responsibilities of water companies, lead local flood authorities and Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage|
• A practical knowledge and experience of earthworks and drainage design, assessment, maintenance work
• Planning, designing and implementing SUDS