Senior Engineer, Highways – London
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consultancy with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Civil Structures, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
About the role
Due to growth within the sector we are looking for a Senior Highways Engineer and integral member of the Land Development team. You will be working on highway and infrastructure schemes from feasibility through to implementation. Providing experience and direction to the project team on highway design and construction. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a robust team who are able to advise and develop your career to where you want to be and beyond.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Design responsibility for Highways and Infrastructure projects.
- Utilisation of local staff, Pell Frischmann Contractor staff in other offices, and sub consultants
- Manage design and disciplines for projects.
- Collate project information and liaise with the Client and client team as required
- Supervise site based projects as required.
- Supervise and delegate to subordinates and others as required.
- Provide technical input into major / minor highway and infrastructure schemes.
- Coordinate and Liaise with other PF offices including Birmingham, MK, Wakefield
- Maintain a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design methods.
- Comply with all Company Procedures and Work Instructions
- Execute site-based or head office functions, liaising with the clients and other contractor’s staff to collect project specific information as required by the Project Manager.
- Check/approve own and other staff work, including third party design proposals, as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects.
- Carry out other duties identified in the Project Management Plan or as required by the Project Manager on assigned projects.
- Supervise technical work of other staff as required.
- Assist in monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of own discipline team members.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We are part of the Disability confident scheme and ensure we are able to provide equal opportunities for all. You will not be Pigeon-holed with us and you will have a bespoke career path to achieve development through Chartership and beyond!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link below!
|Qualifications|| • Degree or HND/HNC in Civil Engineering or equivalent|
• Incorporated Engineer (IEng)
|• Chartered or working towards Chartership|
|Experience|| • Min of 5 years’ experience|
• Design and delivery on a range of multi-disciplinary projects within highway and infrastructure environments for public and private sector clients
• Proficient in the use of AutoCAD applications
• Proficient with the use of spreadsheets and databases.
• Experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar business.
| • Previous experience working in an engineering organisation|
• Pavement and drainage design
• Experience of supervising highways works contracts
• Experience of client engagement and business development
• Project Management accreditation
|Skills|| • Ability to work on own initiative|
• Ability to develop and agree scopes and manage the internal technical supply chain, including budgets, programme and quality of deliverables within set time frame.
• Ability to lead and mentor junior staff and develop their skills
• Sound knowledge of DMRB and MCHW
• Ability to contribute to bids and tenders
• Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
|• Hold a valid UK driving licence|