Senior Drainage Engineer
Main Purpose of the Job
The Surface Water Management team in our London office is currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer. The team works on diverse flood risk, flood alleviation, drainage strategy and drainage infrastructure projects for a range of private and public sector clients. As a result of our current work and increased project wins, we are seeking an individual to work as part of the growing team delivering these projects providing effective project management and technical input.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Management of assigned projects as required with good commercial awareness and financial control
- Carry out technical and other work as required on assigned projects whilst ensuring high levels of safety, quality and environmental responsibility
- Technical quality of own and team’s work in accordance with good engineering practice, relevant standards, Codes of Practice, current design methods and Health & Safety legislation
- Prepare feasibility, designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
- Check work including third party design proposals as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
- Carry out other duties identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
- Supervise technical work of staff as required by the Department Manager
- Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to own discipline team members
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of standard specifications as required
- Engage in client and third party liaison successfully leading to enhanced reputation and repeat work
- Support the team leader with preparation of bids and proposals
- Assist with the promotion of the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients
- Comply with internal management system procedures.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop through our learning and development programme.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
• Civil Engineering degree or similar
• Professionally qualified (ICE or CIWEM)
|• Chartered Engineer or close to gaining Chartership|
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience of water based projects relating to buildings
• Experience of drainage design and designing and implementing SuDS for new developments and as retrofit.
• Experience of modelling of surface water drainage, watercourses and waste water networks, preferably using MicroDrainage.
• Proficient in using AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
• A solid understanding of engineering gained from working on both construction sites and design offices
• Experience of modelling using Infoworks ICM (Incl. 2D), Flood Modeller, and TUFLOW (1D-ESTRY & 2D).
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
• Be able to work well in teams and provide effective direction to graduates and technicians
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• A good understanding of the responsibilities of water companies, lead local flood authorities and Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage
• A practical knowledge and experience of drainage design, assessment, and maintenance work.