Senior Bridge Engineer – Wakefield
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consultancy with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Environment.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
About the Role
We are recruiting a Senior Engineer with minimum of 5 years UK industry experience in bridges and civil structures. This would be for a permanent position at our Wakefield office. The role is to support our growing workload in challenging and exciting bridge projects. You will be part of a close nit team with a genuine family feel. This will allow you to be supported and not held back in your progression.
There is plenty of growth potential for the suitable candidate within our business. We have a full L&D programme to support aspirations that you have to develop.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Undertaking and supervising design and assessment for various forms of bridges or civil structural assets in both rail and road environments
- Structural analysis for a wide variety of bridges, including the use of appropriate software
- Close working with others in the team, designing and assessing to compliant bridge codes and standards, including Eurocodes and industry standards and developing practical and pragmatic solutions
- Assisting and mentoring younger engineers in the team
- Assisting as appropriate, with business promotion and bidding / work winning
Effective verbal and written communication, teamwork, good interpersonal skills and face-to-face interaction with clients, proven technical skills, structural knowledge and good understanding of structural behaviour / analytical techniques using engineering software, are essential.
Minimum qualifications required are:
- BSc, BEng or MSc degree in Civil Engineering
- Chartered status (CEng) with Institution of Civil Engineers (MICE)
- Experience in analytical software packages
- Pragmatic design and assessment experience of bridges
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We are part of the Disability confident scheme and ensure we are able to provide equal opportunities for all. You will not be Pigeon-holed with us and you will have a bespoke career path to achieve development through Chartership and beyond!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link below!