Senior Bid Coordinator
Who We Are?
Pell Frischmann is a multi-disciplinary international engineering consultancy working across various sectors such as: Buildings, Water, Infrastructure, Traffic & Transport, and Rail. We are known for our diverse engineering expertise and understanding our client’s commercial and technical needs. Building on our 95 years of experience we continue to grow and diversify in new sectors and geographical regions. We are doing this through developing strong partnerships and working with key specialists to ensure we can always deliver high-quality engineering solutions that exceed our client’s expectations.
Pell Frischmann is a part of RSBG SE, the patient capital investment arm of RAG-Stiftung. RAG-Stiftung is a foundation set up in 2008 with the long-term public purpose to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s coal mining industry. RAG-Stiftung has the following tasks:
- Ensuring that coal mining is discontinued in a socially acceptable manner;
- Building up the foundation’s assets;
- Financing perpetual mine management obligations; and
- Supporting education, science, and culture.
RSBG SE invests in medium-sized, profitable and growing brands in sunrise sectors. With its strategy to buy, build and hold these investments for the long-term; it has a focus on creating a collaborative network, opening up synergistic opportunities. It was set up in 2015 and currently has over €1 Billion invested. RSBG SE’s mission is to generate sustainable funds for the foundation so it can meet its environmental and social commitments.
As a result of our continued success and strategic investment, our Bids Team is now recruiting for a Senior Bid Coordinator, able to manage the process of compiling and producing high-quality submissions in order to achieve contract wins. As an experienced Bid Coordinator with a great track record, you’ll be able to demonstrate a passion for writing and attention to detail. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate information technically and creatively.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage the entire process of preparing a successful bid submission including the management of online portals, coordination of internal and external partners, leading the development of bid responses, including bid structure, content and responses to questions and ensuring they are submitted as per tender processes and deadlines.
- Attend all tender and proposal briefings, liaising with Subject Matter Experts to develop compelling and relevant collateral.
- Managing inputs from a variety of stakeholders, to respond to new business opportunities and pitches
- Maintain a high-level of market intelligence, legislative requirements and best practice in order to create winning bids
- Build internal and external relationships with individuals to create quality bids
- Responsible for proof-reading final material and providing technical and commercial writing skills where required
- Identifying opportunities to enhance and improve the process, whilst obtaining and sharing best practice with the team
- Contribute to bid research – client, competition and market
- Develop and use creative approaches to the writing and presentation of bids
- Updating a library of company standard SQ and tender responses
- Assist in the production, graphic design/production, delivery and management of bids, PQQs, reports and presentations.
- Maintain sector profiles, project datasheets and business development material
- Provide administrative support as required
Pell Frischmann is the largest UK company within RSBG SE and whilst considered a medium-sized firm it has the capacity to manage complex projects like a larger firm, but with the sensitivity and responsiveness of a smaller one. This advantage provides opportunities for you to work directly with, and learn from, our Sector Leaders, Directors, and Managing Director.
We provide fantastic opportunities and believe firmly in equal opportunities to improve your professional development through:
- Bid Co-ordination & Management
- Market Intelligence
- Commercial Awareness
- Legal & risk assurance
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme
- Open to discussions around flexible working
|Qualifications||Be qualified to Degree level or equivalent|
|Experience||Hold a minimum of 4 years working as a Bid Coordinator (ideally 5 years of experience)|| - A working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite software package|
- Experience with formatting, reviewing and proofreading of materials for content and grammar
- Ability to confidently make an independent presentation
- Knowledge of MSOffice including Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint
|Skills|| - Have outstanding interpersonal skills with a good degree of commercial awareness|
- Be highly organised and feel comfortable in coordinating and managing multiple technical teams
- Ability to stay calm and focused in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple concurrent deadlines
- Ability to prioritize high volumes of work from a multitude of sources to meet deadlines while maintaining the highest quality standards
|Willingness to travel throughout the UK on occasion|