Principal or Associate Geotechnical Engineer
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced geotechnical engineer with good interpretative reporting and geotechnical design skills e.g. shallow foundations, piles, retaining walls.
Duties will include design and management of ground investigations, preparation of desk studies and interpretative reporting, problem solving, foundation design and slope stability assessments. Responsibilities will also include training and support of younger team members, project management, liaison with clients (both externally and internally from other sectors/offices).
You will need:
- A Degree in engineering geology, civil engineering or similar.
- Post graduate degree (MSc/MEng) in geotechnical engineering, engineering geology, soil mechanics, foundation engineering etc.
- 5 years+ of relevant post-graduate experience.
- Be at or approaching chartered status (CEng / CGeol).
- Working knowledge of relevant British Standards and familiarity with UK soils and rock.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and geotechnical software.
- Have excellent written and spoken English.
- Hold a clean UK driving licence.
- CSCS card and PTS an advantage.
Projects include rail, highways, infrastructure and development with clients including developers, major contractors, local authorities, major infrastructure suppliers and Network Rail.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme