Principal Highways Engineer
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
About the Role
The successful candidate will support and drive the delivery of a wide range of multi-disciplinary highways projects for public and private sector clients across the UK. The work covers all aspects of design and management from inception to option appraisals through to detailed design and delivery support. Interaction with other Pell Frischmann offices and disciplines forms part of the role.
What we’re are looking for
- A Degree in a relevant Engineer discipline, ideally MSc or MEng
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in civil engineering design and delivery on a range of multi-disciplinary projects within highway and infrastructure environments for public and private sector clients.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to develop and agree scopes and manage the internal technical supply chain, including budgets, programme and quality of deliverables within set time frame.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior staff and develop their skills
- Sound knowledge of DMRB and MCHW
- Ability to contribute to bids and tenders
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Hold a valid UK driving licence
- Experience of supervising highways works contracts
- Experience of client engagement and business development
- Project Management accreditation.
- Chartered/Incorporated status and corporate membership of ICE, IHT or aligned recognised body.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.