Principal Geo-Environmental Consultant
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Civil Structures, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
We are looking for a Principal Geoenvironmental Consultant to join our team of geo-specialists. Duties will include general geoenvironmental consultancy activities on a variety of projects based throughout the UK. A primary interest in the land quality, contamination assessment and waste management field is required, although the team offers integrated geotechnical and geoenvironmental services so some capability and interest in engineering geology and general ground investigation practice is valuable.
The existing team is based in Exeter however applications from the London or Birmingham areas are actively encouraged as much of the geoenvironmental project work derives from the London area and the Midlands. Whatever the location some travelling can be expected with occasional short duration stays away.
Pell Frischmann is a multidisciplinary professional services provider and geoenvironmental team members work closely with our in-house geotechnical, ecology, drainage, flood risk, civil, waste and planning support colleagues.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will include general land development-related work, for example ground investigation scheduling and overseeing, Phase 1 and Phase 2 assessments, remedial strategy reports, verification work, due diligence reporting and Part 2A studies. Familiarity with geochemical data assessment and contaminated land statistical methods is essential.
- Project Management of assigned projects as required with good commercial awareness and financial control
- Leading technical and other work as required on assigned projects whilst ensuring high levels of safety, quality and environmental responsibility
- Technical quality of own and team’s work in accordance with good engineering practice, relevant standards, Codes of Practice, current design methods and Health & Safety legislation
- Coordinating technical input from across Pell Frischmann and our partner companies
- Ensuring deliverables meet the client’s needs and are provided cost effectively and to an exemplary standard
- Undertake the performance appraisals for all reporting staff and support learning and development opportunities
- Engage in business development, client and third-party liaison successfully leading to enhanced reputation, new and repeat work
- Contributing to and preparing bids
- Advocating the team’s services internally to our framework managers and technical leads
- Assist with the promotion of the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients.
- Ensure compliance with internal management system procedures.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop through our learning and development programme.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
|Qualifications|| • A Degree in (typically) geoenvironmental science or geoenvironmental engineering|
• Member of a relevant environmental professional body
|• A similar, specialist post graduate qualification.|
|Experience||• Minimum 10 years’ experience working in a UK consultancy working environment for private and public-sector developers and operators, on a range of development / infrastructure project.|
|Skills|| • Full familiarity with UK land contamination policy, practice and guidance documents.|
• Excellent written and spoken English
• A valid UK driving licence.
| • Familiar with GIS (QGIS, ArcGIS) and Holebase.|
• A collaborative nature, demonstrating strong relationships with partner companies in the supply chain
• Excellent commercial understanding of environmental consultancy procurement