About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Building Structures & Fire, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, Civil Infrastructure and Water & Environmental.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
About the role:
Based in the client office in Portsmouth, your main duties will be to oversee and manage the contract relating to Highways and Bridges projects. To successfully be able to manage the contract you will be required to draw from previous technical experience that relates to: Structures inspections, management, operations and be familiar with Data management. Aside from this you will understand project compliance with contractual obligations, ISO Management Standards, DMRB Standards, ACoPs Management of Highway Structures, Inspection Manual for Highway Structures & Bridge Condition Indicators.
Due to the type of projects, you will also be developing guidance manuals including assisting with developing policies, strategies, plans & systems. Having key involvement with this will enable you to manage the Highways & Structures technical resources & contractual requirements of the Portsmouth City Council Highways PFI Contract.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
– Delivery of inspections, designs, audits, reviews, interim measures, assessments & projects in compliance contractual obligations, guidance & industry guidance
– Preparing Asset Strategy, Risk & Quality Management Plans & guidance for more robust management of assets and risks
– Mapping processes and procedures to improve efficiency, performance, stewardship & risk management
– Auditing reports for quality & compliance with standards & contractual obligations, guidance & industry guidance
– Identification, investigation & resolution of asset ownership & responsibilities
– Preparing, review & auditing the Asset Data Management System, Forward Works Programmes and Management of Sub-standard Structures
– Preparing and reviewing project briefs for repair, enhancement or renewal of assets for minor and major capital investments
– The proposal, procurement, delivery, implementation, population and continuous updating of the structures asset management system.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
• 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
• Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
• Season Ticket Loans.
• Salary Sacrifice Benefits.