Principal Engineer / Associate
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
The Drainage and Flood Risk team in our London office is currently recruiting for an experienced Principal or Associate to lead and develop the direction and capabilities of the team. The team works on diverse flood risk, flood alleviation, drainage strategy and drainage infrastructure projects for a range of private and public sector clients, focused on land and building developments. As a result of our current work and increased project wins, we are seeking a client focused, technically competent, motivated and credible person with extensive experience of working in London to lead the team delivering these projects, while providing a high level of client satisfaction.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing the specialist flood risk management and drainage team in London;
- Client satisfaction through focus on their needs with effective, timely communication
- Project management of flooding and drainage related projects for strategic / important developments;
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills;
- Line management and mentoring of individuals within the team;
- Carrying out own discipline technical and other work as required on assigned projects;
- Technical quality of work from team (own discipline);
- Business development – working with others to contribute to bids and proposals and lead own team’s bids and proposals; and
- Marketing – actively promote the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme
|Qualifications|| • Suitable science or civil engineering degree|
• Professionally qualified.
|• Chartered Engineer (ICE or CIWEM)|
|Experience|| • Minimum 12 years’ experience|
• Experience contributing towards tender responses and bids
• A very good understanding of lead local flood authorities and the Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage.
• Knowledge of the London LLFAs.
• Experience of drainage design and designing and implementing SuDS for new developments and as retrofit.
| • Extensive experience of a consulting engineering organisation|
• Experience of modelling of surface water drainage, watercourses and waste water networks including using MicroDrainage.
• A passion for sustainable design.
|Skills|| • Highly effective communication skills; verbal & written|
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
• Highly credible in representing PF at client and stakeholder meetings.
| • A good understanding of the responsibilities of water companies, lead local flood authorities and Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage|
• Planning, designing and implementing SUDS