Principal Engineer / Associate / Technical Director
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
The Flood Resilience team in our Wakefield office is currently recruiting for an Associate civil engineer. We also welcome applications for Technical Director or Principal Engineer roles. As a senior member of staff, this position works closely all levels of the organisation. The team works on diverse flood resilience, flood alleviation, drainage, infrastructure, and environmental projects for a range of private and public sector clients. As a result of current work and increased project wins, we are seeking an individual to lead projects providing strong and effective project management and technical input.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
- Undertake the Performance Development Reviews (PDR) for all reporting staff and support learning and development opportunities
- Drive, lead and engage in client and third party liaison
- Set the standard for Project Management guidelines and working
- Prepare own discipline designs, calculations, documentation and reports
- Check/approve own discipline work including third party design proposals
- Understand relevant Standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety legislation and current design methods and provide technical support to own discipline team members
- Comply with quality system procedures and drive compliance within own team
- Prepare / check bid submissions for quality and accuracy
- Promote company capabilities and secure future engineering work.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme
• Civil Engineering degree or similar
• Chartered Civil Engineer (ICE)
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience of water based projects
• Experience of designing flood alleviation and surface water drainage schemes.
• A practical knowledge and experience of earthworks and drainage assessment & maintenance work.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
• Be able to work well in teams and provide effective direction to all in team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to represent PF at client and stakeholder meetings.
• A good understanding of the responsibilities of water companies, lead local flood authorities and Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage
• Planning, designing and implementing SUDS