About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods
Description of the Role
We are recruiting a Principal Civil Structures Engineer to join our Bridges Team in Bishop’s Stortford. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in the design of new bridges and structures, as well as the inspection, assessment and remedial of existing bridges within both the rail and highway environment.
As a Principal Engineer, you will be expected to use your skills and knowledge to take a lead on projects whilst providing mentorship and support to other members of the team. The role and responsibilities would include:
- Inspection and assessment of bridges, retaining walls and other civil structures;
- Undertaking concept design, feasibility studies and preliminary design;
- Design delivery of new structures or strengthening schemes;
- Coordinating and ensuring the production of specification and drawings;
- Producing technical reports.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
|Qualification|| - Relevant HNC or degree;|
- Chartered or nearing chartership with relevant institution.
|Experience|| - Six years minimum experience;|
- Experience of inspection, assessment and design of various structures;
- Experience of Eurocodes, DMRB and Network Rail Standards;
- Experience of structural analysis software such as Midas, Superstress and LUSAS;
- Experience delivering projects to time and budget.
|Skills||- Effective communication skills in a client-facing role.|