Principal Engineer, Civils – Wakefield, Nottingham, Exeter or London
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Environment.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
We provide design services for large clients such as Severn Trent Water and get to work on a diverse range of water projects. For this role your focus is to work part of a co-located team, being actively involved in the refurbishment of treatment works, pipework, layout development, pumping stations, outfalls etc.
The projects you will work on within the water and waste sector are essential for the convenience of our daily lives. Matching this with key Environmental and Sustainable process you will make a real difference on all projects that you will be involved with for current and future generations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake the role of the Project Manager as required.
- Undertake the role of Line Manager as required.
- Prepare or supervise own discipline designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports as identified in the Project Management Plan on assigned projects.
- Monitor quality of own discipline team work in accordance with good engineering practice, relevant standards, Codes of Practice, current design methods and Health & Safety legislation.
- Check/ approve own discipline work, including third party design proposals, as identified in the Project Management Plan on assigned projects.
- Carry out other duties identified in the Project Management Plan on assigned projects.
- Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to own discipline team members.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of own discipline standard specifications as required.
- Assist with the promotion of the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients.
- Assist with monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of project resources.
- Comply with BMS Procedures.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We are part of the Disability confident scheme and ensure we are able to provide equal opportunities for all. You will not be Pigeon-holed with us and you will have a bespoke career path to achieve development through Chartership and beyond!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link below!
|Qualifications||• Civil Engineering Degree||• Ideally Chartered (ICE or similar)|
|Experience|| • A minimum of 7 years’ experience working on Waste Water projects|
• Technical Construction knowledge and proven experience of producing accurate technical outputs.
| • Previous experience of an engineering organisation|
• Knowledge of BIM
|Skills|| • Client facing skills|
• Ability to plan, organize and manage
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• Excellent Oral and Communication