IT Administrator- Security & Compliance, Wakefield
About Pell Frischmann
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consultancy with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water and Environment.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
About the role
We are looking for an IT Administrator to work within the existing IT Operations team to provide support to over 600 users. You will work alongside the IT Managers and IT Administrators to fully support strategic objectives and will be focused on undertaking various infrastructure and operations activities for the IT Operations Manager. This will include the improvement and support of Active Directory, LAN and WAN networks and monitoring.
You will also work on other Projects and will work closely liaising with 3rd party support to resolve end-user requests.
The right person will be required to be hands-on with wide range of IT operational support tasks. As a result, we would look for you to have experience in the following areas.
- Have strong Support experience within a Microsoft Environment including Office365
- Hands on knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Server environments.
- Have working knowledge and experience with security suites deployed for endpoint, email, web, etc. and relevant built-in alert monitoring and remediation tools
- Have cyber security awareness, adhere to secure working methods and ability to raise and promote security & compliance awareness in end-users
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions.
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
- Experience of working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams with a delivery focus in both project and operational environments
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills and the ability to write deliver clear and concise messages for different audiences
o Proven working experience in supporting IT Infrastructure, Endpoint Hardware and Software.
o Conversant with Microsoft Office 365 administration
o Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration
o Windows Operating Systems -Desktop Windows 10
o HP Workstations & Laptops.
o Experience with DNS, DHCP and Terminal Services
o Knowledge of WAN/LAN/WIFI/TCP/IP and network hardware · Asset management/ Compliance
o Be experienced in completion of vendor audits, including major suppliers (e.g. Microsoft,
o In-Depth understanding of Software asset management procedures including procuring
new licences, maintenance, and support contract management, allocating licences via
central management portals
o Be experienced in managing, maintaining, and auditing the company’s fixed asset
o Be experienced in following procedures for various stages of IT Hardware asset lifecycle
o Proven ability to identify and improve performance measurement and reporting
processes in a large multi-disciplinary organization
o Experience of producing reports, analytics to support periodic IT management reports
o Experience with endpoint security solutions – antimalware, anti-ransomware detection
o Experience with email security solutions – SPAM filtering, quarantine queue monitoring,
threat protection, anti-phishing, impersonation protection.
o Experience with web security solutions – URL filtering, application/file blocking policies,
tracking, and reporting
o Fully conversant with Microsoft Office 365 applications including Teams, OneDrive, Word,
PowerPoint, Excel (advanced skills) and diagramming tools for data analytics.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We are part of the Disability confident scheme and ensure we are able to provide equal opportunities for all. You will not be Pigeon-holed with us and you will have a bespoke career path to achieve development through Chartership and beyond!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link below!