About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Civil Structures, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
Pell Frischmann is in an exciting period of growth and development and consequently we are looking for a talented HR Advisor to join our team, working closely with the HR Business Partner to deliver the people agenda.
You will provide professional advice to managers and employees in respect of Employee Relations, conditions of service and company procedures. This is a diverse role with responsibility for a variety of HR-related activities and HR project work. You will have experience of working in a fast-paced environment and be able to effectively prioritise your work to meet competing deadlines, becoming a trusted advisor to stakeholders across multiple business units.
Your responsibilities will include but not be restricted to:
- Acting as the first point of contact to your stakeholders, providing an efficient and professional HR service
- Providing accurate and consistent advice to ensure adherence to company policies and best practice
- Ensuring HR policies, procedures and other documents are fit for purpose and meet legal and regulatory requirements, implementing changes as appropriate
- Management of formal Employee Relations cases, including sickness reviews, disciplinaries, grievances, performance management and flexible working requests, escalating complex cases as appropriate to the HR Business Partner
- Proactively supporting the HR Business Partner to deliver cyclical HR activities and support HR initiatives; change management programmes; HR projects etc.
- Producing accurate Management Information for stakeholders, providing meaningful insights, and identifying trends
- Supporting TUPE processes as appropriate, including preparing correspondence, due diligence completion etc.
- General HR administration, including but not limited to production of letters and other relevant HR documentation, note-taking and assisting wider HR admin projects
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Demonstrable experience within a HR generalist role, including provision of advice to managers on a range of Employee Relations issues
- Working knowledge and understanding of UK employment law and HR policies and procedures
- Experience of data analysis and HR reporting
- A collaborative approach with the ability to work effectively with others both within the HR team and across the wider business
- The confidence to work autonomously to achieve objectives and the ability to manage competing deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
• Educated to Degree-level or equivalent.
• CIPD qualified
|• Previous experience of working in a professional services/ engineering consultancy environment|
• IT-literate, proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Previous HR generalist experience