About RSBG UK
RSBG UK are a wholly owned subsidiary of RSBG SE, the patient capital investment arm of RAG-Stiftung, an exciting and forward-thinking foundation. We focus on the long-term public purpose to deal with the environmental and social commitments, resulting from the closing of Germany’s coal mining industry. RSBG SE’s mission is to generate sustainable funds for the foundation, so our work directly contributes to protecting the environment now and for future generations.
RSBG UK supports the small and medium-sized entrepreneurial companies it invests in, by retaining everything that makes them successful, while providing them with a unique platform for growth.
This role is part of the RSBG UK HR Support Team and will be providing dedicated administrative support to Pell Frischmann, the largest company within the Group.
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Civil Structures, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates the company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
You will provide a proactive, efficient, and professional HR administrative service, acting as the first point of contact for HR-related queries from our employees and external partners.
You will have previous experience of working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to prioritise competing deadlines and manage high workload volumes while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
This is a demanding but varied role, with responsibility for a wide range of tasks and the opportunity to engage with colleagues across our operational areas and within other business support functions.
Your responsibilities will include but not be restricted to:
- Acting as the first point of contact for HR queries, responding to requests from employees for information or advice, ensuring all relevant parties are included in communications and escalating queries where appropriate.
- Providing confidential advice and guidance on HR related issues, consistently delivering a high standard of customer service.
- General HR administration, including production of contracts of employment, letters and other relevant HR documentation.
- Maintaining accurate HR records and processing information in line with relevant Data Protection legislation.
- Processing starters and leavers in line with current procedures.
- Processing and advising on all types of absence (e.g. family leave, sickness absence, annual leave, sabbaticals etc).
- Providing accurate and timely information to the Payroll Team, resolving or escalating queries where appropriate.
- Tracking all new employees through the probationary process, liaising with managers to ensure timely completion of documentation and escalating issues where appropriate.
- HR data and reporting, responding to first line data requests and providing basic level reports as required (e.g. probationary period, sickness absence, visas etc.)
- Monitoring fixed term contracts and contract staff end dates, processing contract extensions and terminations.
- Supporting the HR Business Partner and HR Advisor with the delivery of both cyclical and ad-hoc HR projects as and when required.
- Proactively identifying areas for improvement and contributing to process improvement initiatives.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Demonstrable experience within a HR administration role
- Working knowledge and understanding of UK employment law with respect to terms and conditions of employment and HR policies and procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
- A collaborative approach with the ability to work effectively with others both within the HR team and across the wider business
The confidence to work autonomously to achieve objectives and the ability to manage competing deadlines
We offer excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
- Open to discussions around flexible working.
|Qualifications||• CIPD qualified or working towards||• Previous experience of working in a professional services/ engineering consultancy environment|
|Experience|| Experience • IT-literate, proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook etc).|
• Previous experience in a HR administration role
|Skills|| Skills • High levels of attention to detail|
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a willingness to learn and use new systems.