About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Principal Engineer the Senior Engineer will be required to lead technical delivery of Highways projects to meet client’s briefs. The successful post holder will also be required to manage and mentor junior staff and support Project Managers on technical aspects of designs, development of scheme programmes and financial management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Leading technical delivery of highway projects
- Derive solutions to engineering problems and use engineering judgement to appraise and recommend options
- Act as Technical Reviewer on projects.
- Project manage smaller scale schemes
- Undertake and oversee completion of designs using AutoCAD and the production of and review of design documentation including sketches, drawings, calculations, reports and specifications.
- Ensuring work produced is technically accurate and delivered in accordance with the appropriate standards.
- Manage the production of scheme deliverables.
- Liaise with other Pell Frischmann offices and specialist disciplines
- Manage junior staff in the preparation of scheme layouts using AutoCAD
- Mentor junior staff in the use and interpretation of DMRB, MCHW and other appropriate standards.
- Engage proactively with the Client to develop agreed project objectives.
- Support Project Managers on technical aspects of designs from project inception through to completion including development of scheme programmes and financial management
- Plan and manage your work and the work of junior staff to meet project needs
- Assist with/preparing fee offers for agreement with client
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
|Qualification|| BSc/MSc or HND/HNC in Civil Engineering or equivalent|
Approaching Chartership/Incorporated Status
|Experience|| Minimum of five years' experience in civil engineering and design|
Knowledge of DMRB and MCHW
Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment
|Experience|| Use of applications for the design of traffic signs and road markings|
Use of Civils-3D on simple design layouts
|Travelling||Hold a valid, UK diving license|