About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
About the Role
The successful candidate will provide support to Senior and Principal Engineers within the design team and help drive the delivery of a wide range of multi-disciplinary highways projects for public and private sector clients across the UK. The work covers all aspects of design and management from inception through to detailed design and construction support.
Typically, the role will involve:
- Preparation of Highway designs in accordance with DMRB;
- Produce project layouts, sketches, cross-sections and details using AutoCAD;
- Assess challenges, research options and recommend solutions;
- Ensure junior staff produce high quality technically accurate work at all times;
- Consider the requirements of CDM regs 2015 in all design work;
- Assist with design decision register, assumptions register and risk register;
- Prepare specification appendices in accordance with MCHW;
- Site visits and surveys, inspections, data collection, supervise sub-contractors;
- Assist with feasibility studies, inspections, assessments, technical reports and other written documents, ensuring compliance with Pell Frischmann procedures;
- Guide junior staff in the interpretation of DMRB, MCHW and other standards;
- Plan and manage your work and the work of junior staff to meet project needs;
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate apply best practice within the team environment.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
|Qualification|| BSc/MSc or HND/HNC in Civil Engineering or equivalent|
Approaching Chartership/Incorporated Status
|Experience|| Minimum of five years' experience in civil engineering and design|
Knowledge of DMRB and MCHW
Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment
|Experience|| Use of applications for the design of traffic signs and road markings|
Use of Civils-3D on simple design layouts
|Travelling||Hold a valid, UK diving license|