Highways Engineer – Wakefield
About Pell Frischmann
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water and Environment.
About the Role
You will provide support to Senior and Principal Engineers within the design team and help drive the delivery of a wide range of multi-disciplinary highways projects for public and private sector clients across the UK. The work covers all aspects of design and management from inception through to detailed design and construction support.
Typically, the role will involve:
- Preparation of Highway designs in accordance with DMRB
- Produce project layouts, sketches, cross-sections and details using AutoCAD
- Assess challenges, research options and recommend solutions
- Ensure junior staff produce high quality technically accurate work at all times
- Consider the requirements of CDM regs 2015 in all design work
- Assist with design decision register, assumptions register and risk register
- Prepare specification appendices in accordance with MCHW
- Site visits and surveys, inspections, data collection, supervise sub-contractors
- Assist with feasibility studies, inspections, assessments, technical reports and other written documents, ensuring compliance with Pell Frischmann procedures
- Guide junior staff in the interpretation of DMRB, MCHW and other standards
- Plan and manage your work and the work of junior staff to meet project needs
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate apply best practice within the team environment
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We are part of the Disability confident scheme and ensure we are able to provide equal opportunities for all. You will not be Pigeon-holed with us and you will have a bespoke career path to achieve development through Chartership and beyond!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link below!
|Qualifications|| • BSc/MSc or HND/HNC in Civil Engineering or equivalent||• Approaching Chartered/Incorporated status|
|Experience|| • Minimum of 3 years’ experience in civil engineering design|
• Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Knowledge of DMRB and MCHW
• Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment
| • Use of applications for the design of traffic signs and road markings|
• Use of Civils-3D on simple design layouts
• Hold a valid UK driving license
|Skills|| • Excellent written and oral communication|
• Ability to work as part of a team or individually