Graduate Transport Planner – London- Summer 2022 start
Graduate Transport Planner
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 95 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; therefore, our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for future generations.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Environment.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
About the role
You will be joining a hard working and successful team specialising in all aspects of Private traffic and transport planning, including Transport Assessments for new developments, masterplanning and urban regeneration projects, and Travel Plans.
The team work collaboratively across the UK and you would be based out of the London office. You will have the opportunity to working on many key projects in the Transport Planning sector. One of our recent, ongoing projects is the Ebbsfleet Masterplanning Surveys. One goal is to improve the local transport links to Ebbsfleet International station with new commercial and residential developments. Please follow the link to find out more and explore other exciting projects you could be working on!
Joining Pell Frischmann will also see you part of an expert, multidisciplinary team where you will be trained in your set discipline to enable your future progression. Additionally, you will be enrolled onto our 2-year Graduate programme as a further support in your development. This exciting programme runs across about 40 hrs per year and will enable a bigger group overview of types of work, presenting the opportunity to network with others and develop key skills such as project management, personal Effectiveness, and leadership skills.
- Assist in the preparation of Transport Assessments, Transport Feasibility Studies and Travel Plans.
- Focus on the preparation of junction capacity analysis, figures for reports, swept path assessment, analysis of data, and drawings of transport improvements including junction designs.
- Expected to work with and prepare spreadsheets and write reports.
- Work as part of a growing team and required to carry out a variety of tasks so that report delivery deadlines are met.
- Will have the opportunity to become involved in a wide variety of exciting development projects and will be a critical part of a very busy commercially-focused team with an expanding workload.
- Required to liaise with other professionals including architects and town planners, and hence must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to adopt a flexible approach to their role to provide support to colleagues as workload dictates, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure work is delivered correctly and accurately and on time which, on occasion, includes working outside of normal office hours.
- Will benefit from one-to-one training on a wide range of tasks that encompass transport planning.
Why Pell Frischmann?
At Pell Frischmann we embrace collaboration to reach our goals. We understand that everyone is different and that having a diverse workforce will allow for new ideas to be created, aiding to exciting innovation.
We are proud to be part of the Government’s Disability Confident scheme and are a dedicated equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all backgrounds.
In addition, we are one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies and understand a career isn’t just a “job”. We ensure you will not be Pidgeon-holed and that you have a bespoke individual development path, through Chartership and beyond to reach your goals!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link below!
|Qualification|| • Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Transport Planning, Engineering, Town Planning, Geography and/or other numerate degrees.|
|Experience|| • Previous exposure to the Transport planning sector (within degree is fine)|
• Some exposure to design software (within degree is fine)
|Skills|| • Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and clients, both written and spoken.|
• Good written English for reports.
• Strong numeracy, analytical and report writing skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to work to deadlines both within teams and autonomously.
• Familiarity with the Planning Regulatory Framework.
• Knowledge of planning and transport planning policy and relevant design standards and guidance.