Graduate Transport Planner – Edinburgh
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Roads & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, Civil Structures and Water & Wastewater.
We firmly believe in equal opportunities for all and strive to create an engaging environment, that allows for all employees to have a focused career path and guided progression.
Main Purpose of the Job
We are looking for a Graduate Transport Planner to join a growing division to help assist with the technical delivery of a variety of transport related projects. Projects you will be working on are will be varied and will include residential developments, commercial masterplanning and renewable energy market in the UK, Ireland and Northern Europe.
This role will be a 100% home working role. Our team has regular face to face catch up meetings, so there will be some need to commute to Edinburgh at least once a month.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing swept path assessment drawings and attending site visits;
- Provide support on a range of transport planning projects, including the preparation of transport assessments and travel plans to support planning applications
- Undertaking traffic and junction modelling
- Undertaking site visits and surveys and managing sub-consultants as appropriate
- Prepare site access drawings and access feasibility studies
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We are part of the Disability confident scheme and ensure we are able to provide equal opportunities for all. You will not be Pigeon-holed with us and you will have a bespoke career path to achieve development through Chartership and beyond!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link below!
|Qualification|| • Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Transport Planning, Engineering, Town Planning, Geography and/or other numerate degrees.|
|Experience|| • Previous exposure to the Transport planning sector (within degree is fine)|
• Some exposure to CAD and GiS (within degree is fine)
|Skills|| • Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and clients, both written and spoken.|
• Good written English for reports.
• Strong numeracy, analytical and report writing skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to work to deadlines both within teams and autonomously.
• Familiarity with the Planning Regulatory Framework.
• Knowledge of planning and transport planning policy and relevant design standards and guidance.