Graduate Land Surveyor
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Reporting directly to the office Principal Surveyor, the role will involve learning and shadowing whilst you gain experience to conduct surveys in a wide variety of environments across the UK and overseas. This is across an array of projects including aviation, rail, highways, land development, buildings and water. Whilst you will be based in Manchester, you will have the IT resources available to allow for home working when required. You must be self-motivated and work with the team to deliver projects on programme and budget, with minimal supervision. Flexibility will be required to work at locations away from home across the UK with the possibility of occasional overseas projects. Requirement to work occasional night and weekend shifts. You must have a full UK driving licence and be willing to take and pass regular drugs and alcohol screening. A CSCS accreditation is required, so willingness to complete is essential. Network Rail PTS accreditation desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will either have graduate Degree or a minimum of 3 years land survey experience. We would look to train you on the below, so any previous experience is advantageous with:
- Leica Total Stations, digital levels, GNSS receivers and HD laser scanners
- LSS, SCC, Cyclone, StarNET, AutoCAD and MS Office365 software
- Amberg track measuring devices is
- Maintaining and operating automated
The key duties of the role will include learning and:
- Supporting the principal surveyor in planning works
- Undertaking large and small scale topographic surveys
- Post processing surveys
- Carrying out appropriate quality control checks
- Effectively managing your site and office time to ensure projects meet budget expectations
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.