Graduate Flood Risk Engineer
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Civil Structures, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
The Flood Resilience and Climate Change team in our Wakefield office is currently recruiting for Graduate Engineers. The team works on diverse flood resilience, flood alleviation, infrastructure and environmental projects for a range of private and public sector clients. As a result of current work and increased project wins, we are seeking enthusiastic individuals to work as part of the growing team delivering these projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare own discipline designs, design calculations, drawings and project documents as identified under the guidance of the relevant Project Manager.
- Prepare / assist with the preparation of design statements, tender documents and any other reports identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects.
- Carry out other duties as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects.
- Utilise computer aided design systems, computer design software and other design aids, as required.
- Have an understanding of all relevant Standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design methods.
- Carry out site supervision and site surveys as required, subject to site conditions due to disability.
- Comply with internal management system procedures.
- Programme individual work input to achieve project programme
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop through our learning and development programme.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
|Qualification||• Civil Engineering degree or similar/equivalent|
|Experience||Previous experience of CAD desirable|
|Skills|| - Good verbal and written communication skills|
- Willing to learn and develop