Graduate Environmental Consultant – Exeter or Wakefield – Summer 2022 start
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 95 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; therefore, our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for future generations.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Environment.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
About the role
You will be joining a hard working and experienced team specialising predominantly on Environmental projects to counter issues around the UK.
The team work collaboratively across the UK and as a result we would be flexible on you being based in the Exeter or Wakefield office. You will have the opportunity to working on many key projects in the Environment sector. One of our recent scheme successes was the Cottingham and Orchard Park Flood Alleviation Scheme (COPFAS). The scheme was set up to reduce future flooding in the Hull area. Please follow the link to find out more and explore other exciting projects you could be working on!
Joining Pell Frischmann will also see you part of an expert, multidisciplinary team where you will be trained in your set discipline to enable your future progression. Additionally, you will be enrolled onto our 2-year Graduate programme as a further support in your development. This exciting programme runs across about 40 hrs per year and will enable a bigger group overview of types of work, presenting the opportunity to network with others and develop key skills such as project management, personal Effectiveness, and leadership skills.
- Prepare and support Environmental Impact Assessments and the preparation of Environmental Statements, Environmental Management Plans and Environmental Risk Assessments
- Supporting Contaminated Land assessment work
- Climate Change and Carbon work
- Ecological impact assessment work
- Conduct water environment, flood risk and drainage assessments
- Assisting with technical and other work as required on assigned projects whilst ensuring high levels of safety, quality and environmental responsibility
- Technical quality of own work in accordance with good engineering practice, relevant standards, Codes of Practice, current design methods and Health & Safety legislation
Why Pell Frischmann?
At Pell Frischmann we embrace collaboration to reach our goals. We understand that everyone is different and that having a diverse workforce will allow for new ideas to be created, aiding to exciting innovation.
We are proud to be part of the Government’s Disability Confident scheme and are a dedicated equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all backgrounds.
In addition, we are one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies and understand a career isn’t just a “job”. We ensure you will not be Pidgeon-holed and that you have a bespoke individual development path, through Chartership and beyond to reach your goals!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link below!
|Qualifications|| • Environmental Science degree or similar|
• Member of relevant environmental professional body e.g. IEMA
| • Further degree |
• Demonstrated practical experience (e.g. through volunteering)
|Experience|| • Demonstrated understanding of, and interest in, a range of subjects/topics relevant to the role, e.g.:|
• Contaminated Land
• Air quality and air pollution
• Environmental Management
• Climate change
|Skills|| • Enthusiasm and willingness to learn|
• Resilient and adaptable
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
• Be able to work well in teams
• Good verbal and written communication skills
|• A collaborative nature|