Graduate Engineer, Water – Exeter, Nottingham or Wakefield – Summer 2022 start
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 95 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; therefore, our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for future generations.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Environment.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
About the role
You will be joining a hard working and experienced team specialising predominantly on wastewater or clean water projects, infrastructure, or non-infrastructure.
The team work collaboratively across the UK and as a result we would be flexible on you being based in the Exeter, Nottingham, or Wakefield offices. You will have the opportunity to working on many key projects in the Water sector. One of our recent successes was the upgrade of the Arley Sewage Treatment Works to comply with stringent water quality targets under the Water Framework Directive. Please follow the link to find out more and explore other exciting projects you could be working on!
Joining Pell Frischmann will also see you part of an expert, multidisciplinary team where you will be trained in your set discipline to enable your future progression. Additionally, you will be enrolled onto our 2-year Graduate programme as a further support in your development. This exciting programme runs across about 40 hrs per year and will enable a bigger group overview of types of work, presenting the opportunity to network with others and develop key skills such as project management, personal Effectiveness, and leadership skills.
- Support implementation of projects to fully meet the client requirements, in accordance with relevant standards.
- Work in preparation of designs, drawings and schedules in own discipline.
- Support the preparation of scheme evaluations, design statements, tender documents and any other required deliverables.
- Grow an understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design best practice.
- Develop an understanding of BIM standards such as BS1192, PAS1192 and ISO19650.
- Engage, where possible, in client, contractor and third party liaison, including review of third party design proposals.
- Develop a good understanding of BMS procedures.
Why Pell Frischmann?
At Pell Frischmann we embrace collaboration to reach our goals. We understand that everyone is different and that having a diverse workforce will allow for new ideas to be created, aiding to exciting innovation.
We are proud to be part of the Government’s Disability Confident scheme and are a dedicated equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all backgrounds.
In addition, we are one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies and understand a career isn’t just a “job”. We ensure you will not be Pidgeon-holed and that you have a bespoke individual development path, through Chartership and beyond to reach your goals!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link below!
|Qualifications|| • Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent level qualification|| • Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or similar relevant|
|Experience|| • Previous exposure to Water engineering (within degree is fine)|
• Some exposure to design software (within degree is fine)
| • Previous experience of working on projects with a central 3D model and ideally experience working on a BIM level 2 project.|
• Knowledge of the following software tools: Autodesk products i.e. Civils3D, Plant3D, Revit and Navisworks. Common Data Environments i.e. ProjectWise, BIM 360, etc.
• Working towards CEng MICE (Chartered status)
• Use of Autocad or BIM related software
• Placement/work experience within an Engineering consultancy
|Skills|| • Ability to communicate clearly and concisely|
• Ambitious with the willingness to progress
• Logical thought process