Graduate Engineer, Highways – Manchester – Summer 2022 start
Graduate Highways Engineer
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consultancy with over 95 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; therefore, our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for future generations.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Environment.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
About the role
You will be joining a hardworking and successful team specialising in the delivery of a wide range of multi-disciplinary highways projects for public and private sector clients across the UK. The work covers all aspects of design and management from inception through to detailed design and construction support.
The team work collaboratively across the UK and as a result we would be flexible on you being based in the Manchester office. You will have the opportunity to working on many key projects in the Highways sector. One of our recent, ongoing projects is the Midlands Metro. One goal of the project is a plan to regenerate the region and to provide new opportunities for residents and businesses.
Joining Pell Frischmann will also see you part of an expert, multidisciplinary team where you will be trained in your set discipline to enable your future progression. Additionally, you will be enrolled onto our 2-year Graduate programme as a further support in your development. This exciting programme runs across about 40 hrs per year and will enable a bigger group overview of types of work, presenting the opportunity to network with others and develop key skills such as project management, personal Effectiveness, and leadership skills.
- Assist with technical delivery of Highway projects
- Produce project layouts, sketches, cross-sections and details using AutoCAD
- Ensure work is technically accurate, in accordance with the appropriate standards.
- Site visits and surveys, inspections and data collection
- Assist with feasibility studies, inspections, assessments, technical reports and other written documents, ensuring compliance with Pell Frischmann procedures
- Plan and manage your work to meet project needs
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate apply best practice within the team environment
Why Pell Frischmann?
At Pell Frischmann we embrace collaboration to reach our goals. We understand that everyone is different and that having a diverse workforce will allow for new ideas to be created, aiding to exciting innovation.
We are proud to be part of the Government’s Disability Confident scheme and are a dedicated equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all backgrounds.
In addition, we are one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies and understand a career isn’t just a “job”. We ensure you will not be Pigeon-holed and that you have a bespoke individual development path, through Chartership and beyond to reach your goals!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link below!
|Qualification||• BSc/MSc in Civil Engineering or equivalent|
|Experience||• Exposure to Highways Engineering projects|| • AutoCAD or exposure to other design software.|
• Previous work/placement experience in an Engineering consultancy
|Skills|| • Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and clients, both written and spoken.|
• Good written English for reports.
• Strong numeracy, analytical and report writing skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to work to deadlines both within teams and autonomously.
• Familiarity with the Planning Regulatory Framework.
• Knowledge of planning and transport planning policy and relevant design standards and guidance.