Graduate Engineer, Building Structures – London – Summer 2022 start
Graduate Structural Engineer
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 95 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; therefore, our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for future generations.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Environment.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
About the role
You will join our well-established Building Structures team based in our brand-new London office on The Strand. The office has excellent transport links and is a short walk from many amazing places to eat, drink and socialise.
You will also be part of a collaborative team, working on many key projects in the Building Structures sector. One of our recent successes was the redevelopment of the Centre Point Building, please follow the link to find out more and explore other exciting projects you could be working on!
Joining Pell Frischmann will also see you part of an expert, multidisciplinary team where you will be trained in your set discipline to enable your future progression. Additionally, you will be enrolled onto our 2-year Graduate programme as a further support in your development towards Chartership. This exciting programme runs across about 40 hrs per year and will enable a bigger group overview of types of work, presenting the opportunity to network with others and develop key skills such as project management, personal Effectiveness, and leadership skills.
- Prepare your own discipline designs, design calculations, drawings and project documents as identified under the guidance of the relevant Project Manager.
- Prepare / assist with the preparation of design statements, tender documents and any other reports identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects.
- Carry out other duties as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects.
- Utilise computer aided design systems, computer design software and other design aids, as required.
- Site visits to determine existing building geometry, condition of accessible structure, and inspect anything else that might be relevant when carrying out design for any plausible alterations.
Why Pell Frischmann?
At Pell Frischmann we embrace collaboration to reach our goals. We understand that everyone is different and that having a diverse workforce will allow for new ideas to be created, aiding to exciting innovation.
We are proud to be part of the Government’s Disability Confident scheme and are a dedicated equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all backgrounds.
In addition, we are one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies and understand a career isn’t just a “job”. We ensure you will not be Pidgeon-holed and that you have a bespoke individual development path, through Chartership and beyond to reach your goals!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link below!
|Qualifications|| • Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent level qualification|| • Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or Structures |
|Experience|| • Previous exposure to Buildings engineering in education.|
• Some exposure to use of design software
| • Use of AutoCAD or BIM related software|
• Placement/work experience within an Engineering consultancy
|Skills|| • Ability to communicate clearly and concisely|
• Ambitious with the willingness to progress
• Logical thought process