Graduate Engineer Exeter
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
You will learn, develop and start to forge a career within the Pell Frischmann Water team. You will be working with a well organised, experienced and supportive team to aid your growth and in time, help support the delivery of projects on time and in accordance with client requirements. The projects are key to local and national infrastructure with a varying project types to enhance your growth further. The main projects are likely to be relating wastewater or clean water projects, either infrastructure or non-infrastructure, all of which are key components to every day life.
You will also be enrolled onto our Graduate programme, granting exposure to the wider business and where you are able to accelerate your progression in line with your peers. Working collaboratively together you will evolve your existing experience and have a robust support network to help you move towards Chartership, and beyond.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Support implementation of projects to fully meet the client requirements, in accordance with relevant standards.
- Work in preparation of designs, drawings and schedules in own discipline.
- Support the preparation of scheme evaluations, design statements, tender documents and any other required deliverables.
- Grow an understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design best practice.
- Develop an understanding of BIM standards such as BS1192, PAS1192 and ISO19650.
- Engage, where possible, in client, contractor and third party liaison, including review of third party design proposals.
- Develop a good understanding of BMS procedures.
- Relevant degree (Civil Engineering)
- Good technical ability.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- The desire to learn and ambition to develop.
- 2 years experience in design, ideally in the Water Sector.
- Previous experience of working on projects with a central 3D model and ideally experience working on a BIM level 2 project.
- Knowledge of the following software tools: Autodesk products i.e. Civils3D, Plant3D, Revit and Navisworks. Common Data Environments i.e. ProjectWise, BIM 360, etc.
- Working towards CEng MICE (Chartered status)
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.