About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
We are looking for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer In either our Wakefield, Manchester, Birmingham or London office. You will have drive and enthusiasm, demonstrating a thorough knowledge of geotechnical engineering. You must be able to demonstrate experience in the design of shallow and deep foundations, retaining walls and slope stability and to have experience in the preparation of desk studies, and the design and reporting of ground investigations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Duties will include preparation of desk studies and interpretative reporting, problem solving, foundation design and slope stability assessments.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and advantageous if some experience of using slope analysis and/or geotechnical software.
- Willingness to work both in the north and further afield.
- Projects include rail, highways, infrastructure and development with clients including developers, major contractors, local authorities, major infrastructure suppliers and Network Rail.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme
|Qualification|| • Degree in engineering geology, civil engineering or similar.|
• Post graduate MSc in geotechnical engineering, engineering geology, soil mechanics, foundation engineering etc.
|Experience|| • Minimum 2 yrs post grad experience|
|Skills|| • Familiarity with common geotechnical design software|
• Excellent written and spoken English and a valid UK driving licence.