About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
We are looking for a Geoenvironmental Consultant / Engineer to join our team of geo-specialists. Duties will include general geoenvironmental consultancy activities on a variety of projects based throughout the UK. A primary interest in the land quality, contamination assessment and waste management field is required, although the team offers integrated geotechnical and geoenvironmental services so some capability and interest in engineering geology and general ground investigation practice is valuable.
The role would be ideally be based in Exeter where the existing team is based but candidates from London would be considered as much of the geoenvironmental project work derives from the London area and the Midlands. Whatever the location some travelling can be expected with occasional short duration stays away.
Pell Frischmann is a multidisciplinary professional services provider and geoenvironmental team members work closely with our in-house geotechnical, ecology, drainage, flood risk, civil, waste and planning support colleagues.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will include general land development-related work, for example ground investigation scheduling and overseeing, Phase 1 and Phase 2 assessments, remedial strategy reports, verification work, due diligence reporting and Part 2A studies. Familiarity with geochemical data assessment and contaminated land statistical methods is essential.
- As Engineer / Consultant, successfully deliver projects and design co-ordination
- Carry out technical and other work as required on assigned projects whilst ensuring high levels of safety, quality and environmental responsibility
- Engage in client and third party liaison successfully leading to enhanced reputation and repeat work
- Execute site-based or office functions, liaising with clients and other contractors’ staff to collect project specific information as required by the Project Manager
- Prepare feasibility, designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
- Carry out other duties identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
- Supervise technical work of staff as required by the Team Manager
- Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to own discipline team members
- Comply with internal management system procedures.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
|Qualification||A Degree in (typically) geoenvironmental science or geoenvironmental engineering.||A similar, specialist post graduate qualification.|
|Experience||Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience.||Experience gained in a UK consultancy working environment.|
|Skills|| Full familiarity with UK land contamination policy, practice and guidance documents.|
Excellent written and spoken English and a valid UK driving licence.
|Familiar with GIS (QGIS, ArcGIS) and Holebase.|