About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
The Drainage and Flood Risk team in our Nottingham office is currently recruiting for an Engineer to work on diverse flood risk, flood alleviation, drainage strategy and drainage infrastructure projects for a range of private and public sector clients. As a result of our current work and increased project wins, we are seeking a technically competent, motivated and credible person to add to the team. This will involve aiding the delivery of projects covering areas such as West Bersted, Barnham Easter Gate and Wester Gate, Easter Gate, Shireoaks, East Wittering.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience in flood risk management and drainage
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
- Carrying out own discipline technical and other work as required on assigned projects;
- Technical quality of work own discipline;
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
|Qualifications|| • Suitable science or civil engineering degree|
• Professionally qualified.
|• Chartered Engineer or working towards|
|Experience|| • A good understanding of the responsibilities and collaborative funding mechanisms of water companies lead local flood authorities and the Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage.|
• Experience of drainage design and designing and implementing SuDS for new developments and as retrofit.
| • A good understanding of the responsibilities and collaborative funding mechanisms of water companies lead local flood authorities and the Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage.|
• Experience of drainage design and designing and implementing SuDS for new developments and as retrofit. • Previous experience of a consulting engineering organisation
• Experience of modelling of surface water drainage, watercourses and waste water networks, preferably using Flood Modeller (ISIS), Infoworks ICM (Incl. 2D), TUFLOW (1D-ESTRY & 2D) or MicroDrainage.
|Skills|| • Highly effective communication skills; verbal & written|
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
• Ability to represent PF at client and stakeholder meetings.