About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
We are looking for an Infrastructure Environmental Co-ordinator to lead environmental appraisal across our major infrastructure projects for local and regional clients such as Highways England, Network Rail and Local Authorities. You will be responsible for environmental services in support of the major projects, leading client and stakeholder liaison and working collaboratively with internal and sub-consultant teams to deliver environment products on time and to budget.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage the environmental aspects of major projects throughout the scheme development and delivery process including environmental scoping, co-ordination of all environmental disciplines, preparation of environmental impact assessments and environmental statements in support of funding applications and planning applications.
- Be responsible for delivering high quality technical work and for developing staff skills through project delivery.
- To manage and support bidding for new opportunities
- Lead, manage and develop the environment team staff in conjunction with the Discipline Lead
- Provide high quality advice to clients and internal teams
- Prepare technical reports, strategies and environmental solutions
- Engage with environmental stakeholders and work with clients and the delivery team to deliver collaborative solutions to environmental issues
- Develop a community of trusted environmental sub-consultants
- Contribute to the Company Environmental Strategy
- Resolve problems or issues to support the environmental delivery of projects or design objectives
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation in working practices
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme
|Qualifications|| • Degree in Environment related subject (essential). |
• Chartered with a relevant professional institution
| • MSc in Environmental assessment or similar |
• A minimum of 15 years of Environmental Co-ordination experience
• Expert in TAG and DMRB guidance and delivery of compliant EIAs and Environmental Statements
• Track record of co-ordinating the production of EIAs and EAs
• Good level of knowledge of all environmental disciplines
• A proven ability to build client relationships
• Experience in coordinating environmental services in support of large projects
• Good understanding of the planning process
• Extensive experience of Highways England PCF and Network Rail Grip processes
• Experienced in Stakeholder engagement and management
• Develop and manage a team of skilled individuals
• Efficient communication skills, excellent level of written and spoken English
| • Expert in a specific environmental discipline|
• First-hand experience of negotiating with Client approval authorities, eg. HE SES.
• Expert witness experience at planning inquiries
• Experience of supporting the DCO process
|Skills|| • Conversant with EIA regulations|
• Report Writing
| • Team Leadership|
• Project Management
• Customer Relations Management