Environmental Consultants – All Grades, UK wide
About Pell Frischmann
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water and Environment.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
Our Environmental Management and Assessment Team is growing and we are looking for Principal, Senior, Consultant and Graduate level Environmental Consultants to join us across the team. We are a national team based out of Pell Frischmann’s London, Exeter, Luton, Birmingham and Wakefield offices. We are also looking to grow a team in our Manchester office. Our aim is to significantly expand our EIA, sustainability, ecology, geo-environmental and other capabilities across all of our offices in order to respond to our diverse and growing client base
The role will involve working across all of our UK offices and participating in a wide range of projects, from bespoke environmental commissions to large scale urban regeneration and nationally significant infrastructure projects. The right candidates for these positions will be intellectually engaged in the pursuit of sustainable development, willing and able to take on a variety of technical and project management roles and would thrive in an agile, non-hierarchical working environment. They would be expected to be client-facing, have good technical knowledge and experience in EIA, sustainability and related assessments across a range of sectors, and have strong writing skills. The role will also include working with our partner companies and design teams, managing sub-consultants, and providing objective-led advice and solutions. They will contribute to growing our business’s capability, market recognition and product/ service development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Coordinating / assisting the coordination of Environmental Impact Assessments
- Preparing sustainability, climate change and carbon assessments
- Preparing Environmental Statements, Environmental Management Plans and Environmental Risk Assessments
- Leading technical and other work as required on assigned projects whilst ensuring high levels of safety, quality and environmental responsibility
- Coordinating technical input from across Pell Frischmann and our partner companies
- Ensuring deliverables meet the client’s needs and are provided cost effectively and to an exemplary standard
- Support research, learning and development opportunities as well as new service/ product development
- Engage in business development, client and third-party liaison successfully leading to enhanced reputation, new and repeat work
- Contributing to and preparing bids
- Advocating the team’s services internally to our framework managers and technical leads
- Assist with the promotion of the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We are part of the Disability confident scheme and ensure we are able to provide equal opportunities for all. You will not be Pigeon-holed with us and you will have a bespoke career path to achieve development through Chartership and beyond!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link below!
|Qualifications|| • Environmental Science degree or similar|
• Member of relevant environmental professional body eg IEMA
|• Chartered Environmentalist or Chartered Scientist as appropriate to the role level|
|Experience|| • Appropriate experience working for private and public-sector developers and operators, on a range of development / infrastructure project consents|
• Sound knowledge and experience of the UK planning system and consents processes, with experience of assembling Environmental Statements and reviewing specialist inputs
• Practical experience of working on all stages of Environmental Impact Assessment
| • Experience of transport and highway schemes|
• Experience of the EIA process under a Transport and Works Act Order
|Skills|| • Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills|
• Be able to work well in teams and provide effective direction to graduates and technicians
• Good verbal and written communication skills
| • A collaborative nature, demonstrating strong relationships with partner companies in the supply chain|
• Excellent commercial understanding of environmental consultancy procurement