Environmental Consultants – All Grades, Luton, London, Exeter, Manchester, Birmingham or Wakefield
About Pell Frischmann
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water and Environment.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
Our Environmental Management and Assessment Team is growing and we are looking for Associate, Principal, Senior, Consultant and Graduate level Environmental Consultants to join us across the team. We are a national team based out of Pell Frischmann’s Exeter, London, Luton, Birmingham and Wakefield offices. We are also looking to grow a team in our Manchester office. The role will involve working across all of our UK offices to some degree in order to coordinate both liaison with clients and the delivery of technical input into Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), including working with our partner companies and managing our supply chain. The ideal candidates will have experience, appropriate to the level of the role, at coordinating EIA across different sectors in the UK, able to deliver objective led solutions and contribute to growing our business’s capability and recognition.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Coordinating / assisting the coordination of Environmental Impact Assessments
- Preparing Environmental Statements, Environmental Management Plans and Environmental Risk Assessments
- Leading technical and other work as required on assigned projects whilst ensuring high levels of safety, quality and environmental responsibility
- Technical quality of own and team’s work in accordance with, relevant standards, Codes of Practice, current design methods and Health & Safety legislation
- Coordinating technical input from across Pell Frischmann and our partner companies
- Ensuring deliverables meet the client’s needs and are provided cost effectively and to an exemplary standard
- Undertake the performance appraisals for all reporting staff and support learning and development opportunities
- Engage in business development, client and third-party liaison successfully leading to enhanced reputation, new and repeat work
- Contributing to and preparing bids
- Advocating the team’s services internally to our framework managers and technical leads
- Assist with the promotion of the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We are part of the Disability confident scheme and ensure we are able to provide equal opportunities for all. You will not be Pigeon-holed with us and you will have a bespoke career path to achieve development through Chartership and beyond!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link below!
|Qualifications|| • Environmental Science degree or similar|
• Member of relevant environmental professional body eg IEMA
|• Chartered Environmentalist or Chartered Scientist as appropriate to the role level|
|Experience|| • Appropriate experience working for private and public-sector developers and operators, on a range of development / infrastructure project consents|
• Sound knowledge and experience of the UK planning system and consents processes, with experience of assembling Environmental Statements and reviewing specialist inputs
• Practical experience of working on all stages of Environmental Impact Assessment
| • Experience of transport and highway schemes|
• Experience of the EIA process under a Transport and Works Act Order
|Skills|| • Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills|
• Be able to work well in teams and provide effective direction to graduates and technicians
• Good verbal and written communication skills
| • A collaborative nature, demonstrating strong relationships with partner companies in the supply chain|
• Excellent commercial understanding of environmental consultancy procurement