Engineer, Rail – Bishops Stortford
About Pell Frischmann
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to address the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closure of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for future generations.
Our expertise and capabilities cover Buildings, Aviation, Rail, Highways and Transportation, Land Development, and Water and Wastewater.
Main Purpose of the Job
Based in our Bishop’s Stortford office you will support our design teams delivering projects in the Rail, Station, Depot and Infrastructure design. The right person will contribute to the design and provide technical support to design teams delivering station and rail infrastructure projects. Successful candidates will benefit from appropriate training and support for their professional development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Rail, Station, Depot and Infra design
- Checking and approval of designs and calculations
- Reporting progress to Clients
- Support and encourage staff in their professional development
- Contribute to business development activities
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop. If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme
- Open to discuss flexible working
|Qualification|| • Honours Degree in Civil Engineering 2(i) or above|
• Working towards Membership of the relevant professional body
| • Master’s degree in civil engineering|
• Membership of a relevant professional body
|Experience|| • 3+ years’ experience in a design office working on a variety of projects || • MicroStation, ProjectWise, struct des soft|
• Personal Track Safety (PTS)
|Skills|| • Good Written English|
• Good communication skills
• Good software skills for communication, reporting, calculations and structural analysis
• Engaging in preparation of tenders, business promotion and general commercial.
• Project management
|• Driving license|