Electrical Engineers (Graduate to Principal) – UK wide
About Pell Frischmann
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consultancy with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water and Environment.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods
Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the M&E Director you will join an established team of Mechanical, Electrical and Process Engineers. As the Electrical Engineer you will be expected to undertake electrical, control and automation design from concept through to tender and construction, assist with delivery of projects within the Water and Wastewater sectors forming part of a multidisciplinary design team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Act in the capacity of Lead Electrical Engineer on both single and multi-disciplinary projects.
- Design power systems (mainly low voltage), automation and instrumentation systems.
- Undertake site surveys of existing electrical infrastructure.
- Produce, check and review electrical calculations, electrical schedules, specifications, Single Line Diagrams and system architecture for yourself and others.
- Produce User Requirement Specifications/Control Philosophies and P&I Diagrams
- Effectively manage project stakeholders (clients, contractors and other design disciplines etc).
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the other Pell Frischmann discipline leads on projects.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We are part of the Disability confident scheme and ensure we are able to provide equal opportunities for all. You will not be Pigeon-holed with us and you will have a bespoke career path to achieve development through Chartership and beyond!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link below!
|Qualifications|| • BSc or BEng in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience (HNC/HND).|| • Chartered Electrical Engineer (CEng) or working towards it.|
• Member of the IET.
|Experience|| • A minimum of 3 -5 years’ experience in relevant discipline.|
• Involvement of outline and detailed electrical design aspects of Water and Waste Sector.
• A good understanding and experience in using all of the relevant standards and Codes of Practice relevant to the Water and Waste sector.
• Working practice in using current design methods.
• Experience in low voltage design
| • Knowledge of ATEX/DSEAR.|
• Experience of Variable Speed Drives, electric motors and power switchgear.
• Experience of MCC, PLC/SCADA and instrumentation specification and design.
|Skills|| • Ability to work both alone and as part of a collaborative team|
• Excellent written and oral communication