About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the M&E Director you will join an established team of Mechanical, Electrical and Process Engineers. As the Electrical Engineer you will be expected to lead multidisciplinary design schemes, assist with delivery of projects within the Water and Waste sectors as well as assist the project teams to complete scopes of work within the agreed timeframe
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Act in the capacity of Lead Electrical Engineer on both single and multi-disciplinary projects.
- Design power systems (mainly low voltage), automation and instrumentation systems.
- Undertake site surveys of existing electrical infrastructure.
- Produce, check and review electrical calculations, electrical schedules, specifications, Single Line Diagrams and system architecture for yourself and others.
- Produce User Requirement Specifications/Control Philosophies and P&I Diagrams
- Effectively manage project stakeholders (clients, contractors and other design disciplines etc).
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the other Pell Frischmann discipline leads on projects.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop through our learning and development programme.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
|Qualification|| • BSc or BEng in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience (HNC/HND).|
• Chartered Electrical Engineer (CEng) or working towards it.
• Member of the IET.
| • CAD/BIM and Amtech electrical software.|
• MEng qualification.
|Experience|| • A minimum of 3 -5 years’ experience in relevant discipline.|
• Involvement of outline and detailed electrical design aspects of Water and Waste Sector.
• A good understanding and experience in using all of the relevant standards and Codes of Practice relevant to the Water and Waste sector.
• Working practice in using current design methods.
• Experience in low voltage design.
| Preferred Experience|
• Knowledge of ATEX/DSEAR.
• Experience of Variable Speed Drives, electric motors and power switchgear.
• Working as part of a co-located team within a Client office.
• Experience of MCC, PLC/SCADA and instrumentation specification and design.
|Skills|| Ability to work in a team or independently|
Excellent communication skills