About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
An experienced Highways Design Engineer and integral member of the highways team working on all types of highways schemes from feasibility through to implementation. Providing experience and direction to the project team on highway design and construction.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Design responsibility for Highways and Infrastructure projects.
- Utilisation of local staff, Pell Frischmann Contractor staff in other offices, and sub consultants
- Manage design and disciplines for projects.
- Collate project information and liaise with the Client and client team as required
- Provide technical input into major / minor highway and infrastructure schemes.
- Coordinate and Liaise with other PF offices
- Maintain a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design methods.
- Comply with all Company Procedures and Work Instructions
- Execute site-based or head office functions, liaising with the clients and other contractor’s staff to collect project specific information as required by the Project Manager.
- Check/approve own and other staff work, including third party design proposals, as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects.
- Carry out other duties identified in the Project Management Plan or as required by the Project Manager on assigned projects.
- Supervise technical work of other staff as required.
- Assist in monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of own discipline team members.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme
|Qualifications||Degree in a relevant Engineer discipline||MSc or MEng|
A minimum of 5 years of highways design experience
Understanding of health and safety issues in relation to the design and construction of civil engineering works
Experience in resolving design issues including resolving comments from the Local Authority
| Previous experience of an engineering organisation|
Knowledge and experience of the construction process
|Skills|| Industry standard computer aided tools i.e AutoCAD, AutoTRACK|
Communication skills; Verbal & Written
| Civil 3D|
Good presentation and communication skills