Civil Engineer, Water – Wakefield, Nottingham, Exeter or London
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consultancy with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Environment.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
Being part of a co-located team, you will be involved in the refurbishment of treatment works, pipework, layout development, pumping stations, outfalls etc. This is an exciting role with a key part to play in day to day infrastructure everyone encounters daily. We are expanding the team at all grades so would consider all applicants from Graduate through to Principal Engineer.
Once joining, you will be working within a team of experienced Engineers who will impart their knowledge onto you helping you develop and progress your career with us from day 1. This will see you work as part of key projects within the waste and clean water sector, in what is an essential part of daily life.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake the role of the Project Manager as required.
- Prepare own discipline designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports as identified in the Project Management Plan on assigned projects.
- Monitor quality of own discipline team work in accordance with good engineering practice, relevant standards, Codes of Practice, current design methods and Health & Safety legislation.
- Check/ approve own discipline work, including third party design proposals, as identified in the Project Management Plan on assigned projects.
- Carry out other duties identified in the Project Management Plan on assigned projects.
- Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to own discipline team members.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of own discipline standard specifications as required.
- Assist with the promotion of the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients.
- Assist with monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of project resources.
- Comply with BMS Procedures.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We are part of the Disability confident scheme and ensure we are able to provide equal opportunities for all. You will not be Pigeon-holed with us and you will have a bespoke career path to achieve development through Chartership and beyond!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link below!
|Qualifications||• Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent time served experience||• Ideally Chartered (ICE or similar)|
|Experience|| • A minimum of 3 years’ experience working on Waste Water projects|
• Technical Construction knowledge and proven experience of producing accurate technical outputs.
| • Previous experience of an engineering organisation|
• Knowledge of BIM
|Skills|| • Client facing skills|
• Ability to plan, organize and manage
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• Excellent Oral and Communication