Civil Engineer, MEICA – Wakefield, Nottingham, Exeter or London
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
Being part of a co-located team, you will be involved in the refurbishment of treatment works, pipework, layout development, pumping stations, outfalls etc. This is an exciting role with a key part to play in day to day infrastructure everyone encounters daily.
You will be working within a team of experienced Engineers who will impart their knowledge onto you helping you develop and progress your career with us from day 1.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake the role of the Project Manager as required..
- Prepare own discipline designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports as identified in the Project Management Plan on assigned projects.
- Monitor quality of own discipline team work in accordance with good engineering practice, relevant standards, Codes of Practice, current design methods and Health & Safety legislation.
- Check/ approve own discipline work, including third party design proposals, as identified in the Project Management Plan on assigned projects.
- Carry out other duties identified in the Project Management Plan on assigned projects.
- Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to own discipline team members.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of own discipline standard specifications as required.
- Assist with the promotion of the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients.
- Assist with monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of project resources.
- Comply with BMS Procedures.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop through our learning and development programme.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
|Qualifications||• Civil Engineering Degree||• Ideally Chartered (ICE or similar)|
|Experience|| • A minimum of 3 years’ experience working on Waste Water projects|
• Technical Construction knowledge and proven experience of producing accurate technical outputs.
| • Previous experience of an engineering organisation|
• Knowledge of BIM
|Skills|| • Client facing skills|
• Ability to plan, organize and manage
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• Excellent Oral and Communication