Business Administration Apprentice – Birmingham
About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Civil Structures, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
About the role
Working closely with the Highways & Transport Business Unit Administrator, you will provide support to the Highways and Transport unit based all over the UK, to ensure that they have all the necessary tools/ support required for their projects.
This includes supporting and engaging with different parts of the organisation and interacting with internal or external clients. With a focus on adding value, through support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested. The flexibility and responsiveness required will allow the right person to develop a wide range of skills.
We will offer training and guidance for you to be able to develop with and progress towards completing your Business administrator level 3 course with the chosen training provider.
The administration role may be a gateway to further career opportunities, such as management or senior support roles.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing full support to the A3 Highways and Transport Business unit
- Managing outlook diaries
- Organising travel, hotels and car hire as required
- Following up on actions from meetings
- General office duties
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop through our learning and development programme.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
- Open to discussions around flexible working
|Qualifications||• 5 x GCSE’s including Maths and English|
|Experience||• Knowledge of all Microsoft office programmes|
|Skills|| • Exercise proactivity and good judgement. Make effective decisions based on sound reasoning and is able to deal with challenges in a mature way. Seeks advice of more experienced team members when appropriate.|
• Build and maintain positive relationships within their own team and across the organisation
• Demonstrate good communication skills, whether face-to-face, on the telephone, in writing or on digital platforms
• Complete tasks to a high standard.
• Take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks, managing priorities and time in order to successfully meet deadlines