About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Building Structures & Fire, Civil Structures, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, Civil Infrastructure and Water & Environmental.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
Pell Frischmann‘s London office has an immediate need for a BIM Coordinator to join their busy BIM/CAD Department and coordinate, manage and implement cross discipline integration supporting the digital delivery of work within the Building Strucutres and fire sector.
This exciting role will involve working for a range of Private and Public sector clients on a diverse base of projects, typically to BIM Stage 2.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
Reporting to the BIM Manager you would be expected to undertake the following roles:
- Coordination of multidisciplinary delivery across projects to BIM standards;
- Ensuring project compliance to client, industry and organizational requirements;
- Responsible for creating, managing and administering Coordination and Federated Models;
- Highlighting risk and opportunity to the wider project team and organization;
- Management of clash detection and model validation workshops including report writing and issue resolution;
- Competent in managing 2D/3D and Model Rendition processes;
- Promoting best practice and upskilling of staff;
- Highlighting innovative products enabling better collaboration, programming and scheduling design activities;
- Supporting the BIM Manager to ensure project compliance to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards;
- Engage in client and third-party liaison;
- Configuring the Common Data Environment hand-in-hand with the ICT department to allow resource to utilize the central storage system on live projects; and
- Experience and awareness of BIM standards such as BS1192, PAS1192 [BIM Level 2] and ISO19650 [BIM Stage 2]
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop through our learning and development programme.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
- 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
- Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
- Full Learning and Development programme.
|Qualifications||• HND/BSc/BEng or Level 7 qualification|| • Working towards IEng.|
• Membership of a relevant professional institute
|Experience|| • Building Structures experience - 3+ years|
• 3 years+ experience in design, drawing (2D & 3D) and BIM Coordination
• High level awareness of BIM software through continued use and training e.g. Native and Exchange variants
• Supporting multi-disciplinary projects from feasibility to construction and handover of projects
• Awareness of supporting products such as BIM Execution Plans (BEP’s), Master Information Delivery Plan (MIDP) etc.
| • Previous experience of an engineering organisation|
• Acting as BIM Coordinator in multi-discipline environments
• Produce progress and status reports
|Skills|| • Coordination Software e.g. Autodesk Navisworks, Bentley Navigator etc.|
• Multi-disciplinary project coordination
• Oversee the day-to day support to projects engaged in BIM modelling to ensure standards and requirements are maintained
• Communication skills; Report writing and planning
| • Good knowledge either of the following software Modeling tools: |
o Autodesk products i.e. Civils3D, Plant3D, Revit etc.
o Bentley products i.e. OpenRoads, OpenRail, Microstation etc.
o Common Data Environments i.e. ProjectWise, GroupBC, Aconex, BIM 360 etc.
o Model Verification, Validation and Clash Detection i.e. Navisworks Manage, Bentley Navigator etc.